Real Christmas Tree Facts
- While they're growing, REAL Christmas Trees support life by absorbing carbon dioxide and other gases and emitting fresh oxygen. The farms that grow Christmas Trees stabilize soil, protect water supplies and provide refuge for wildlife while creating scenic green belts. Often, Christmas Trees are grown on soil that doesn't support other crops.
- REAL Christmas Trees are grown on farms just like any other crop. To ensure a constant supply, Brown's Tree Farm plants one to three new seedlings for every Christmas Tree we harvest.
- There are about 21,000 Christmas Tree growers in the U.S., and over 100,000 people employed full or part-time in the industry.
- It can take as many as 15 years to grow a Christmas Tree of average retail sale height (6 - 7 feet) or as little as 4 years, but the average growing time is 7 years.
- Don't just take our word for it - see what other environmental experts have to say on the subject...
- A REAL Christmas Tree is five times more environmentally compatible than a plastic tree, according to this study by Swedish researchers.
- The American Forests organization also supports the growth and use of Real Christmas Trees for many reasons.
- For environmental reasons, Yoga Journal recommends a live or cut Christmas Tree over the use of an artificial tree.
- According to an article in Newsweek, experts recommend that you should "always go real."
Brown's Tree Farm has been growing and selling REAL Christmas Trees for over 35 years! We are proud to be a part of your holiday season. Of course we would like you to buy a REAL Christmas Tree Online from us but even if for some reason you are not able to, we highly encourage you to buy a REAL Christmas Tree from someone this holiday season.
Note: The information above was provided by the National Christmas Tree Association. We would like to thank the NCTA for all of their research and support.